will i lose my everything if..??

Reaction score
ok iv just ordered 2gb ram for my white macbook due to i only have 512 mp :p i know its embarrising.

if i remove the two 256 mb cards and add 2 1gb ram cards would i now loose all my software example logic pro??? and all my saved stuff?

another one. im upgrading to leopard as i only have tiger :L ( i bought this secondhand if you woundering) now will i loose all my stuff like logic that way??

thanks a lot if so how can i avoid loosing my beloved logic pro. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ok iv just ordered 2gb ram for my white macbook due to i only have 512 mp :p i know its embarrising.

if i remove the two 256 mb cards and add 2 1gb ram cards would i now loose all my software example logic pro??? and all my saved stuff?

another one. im upgrading to leopard as i only have tiger :L ( i bought this secondhand if you woundering) now will i loose all my stuff like logic that way??

thanks a lot if so how can i avoid loosing my beloved logic pro. :)

No you won't lose anything if you upgrade your ram.

No you won't lose anything if you upgrade from Tiger to Leopard if you backup first.

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks how do i back up?

You could:

- use this program SuperDuper!

- or you could simply copy all your important files to a flash drive or external hard drive

- or you could "burn" all your important files to CD or DVD

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
would a memory stick work? and then could i just move it back into its original folder?? without doing any downloading what so ever and that same applies with itunes??

thanks a lot nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would a memory stick work? and then could i just move it back into its original folder?? without doing any downloading what so ever and that same applies with itunes??

thanks a lot nick

I think what you are calling a "memory stick" and I am calling a "flash drive" are the same thing...as long as it plugs into the USB port of your computer.

I'm going to mention something else. 99% of the time if you're upgrading your operating system...like you are from Tiger to Leopard...everything will go smoothly...and a backup is not necessary.

I'm only suggesting you do a backup just in case in the rare situation that something should go wrong during the upgrade.

It's your choice to back up or not.

- Nick

p.s. All computer users should back up their hard drive regardless...so this could be a good time to do it for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3 500 GB 7200rpm HD
I would use super duper. Its wat I did and its really easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.