802.11n

Reaction score
So this is my internet speed using a wired connection (cable modem > mac)

Will a 802.11n router be able to deliver similar speeds wirelessly? (cable modem > router > mac)

How much speed should I expect to lose?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)
IEEE 802.11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I might be wrong, but I believe that the speedtest is checking your WAN connection only - when I run speedtest over ethernet and wireless-n the results are comparable, but having said that my connection tops out at 5Mb/s. Oh how I wish for 20Mb/s...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
OP
drummerkid1993
Reaction score
IEEE 802.11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I might be wrong, but I believe that the speedtest is checking your WAN connection only - when I run speedtest over ethernet and wireless-n the results are comparable, but having said that my connection tops out at 5Mb/s. Oh how I wish for 20Mb/s...

Sorry, i don't follow. I don't know the significance of a 'WAN connection'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)
Your WAN connection is the connection up to your cable modem, i.e. the speed your ISP provides. WAN is short for Wide Area Connection. The wide area is the internet :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.