Snow Leopard and 3 Mobile Broadband

Reaction score
Hey guys, just updated my OS. Love the new QT and the fact PREVIEW is now sharp and not slightly out of focus looking all the time as was in Leopard. Anyhow after the install, it did not recognise my 3 mobile broadband USB stick. What a pain! Kept getting an error ref the AUTOOPEN File wouldnt open. Went into the mobile broadband contents and reinstalled the drivers for MAC. No luck! :Shouting:

Rang Apple India via a local Dublin Number and after 25 minutes the guy there didnt have a clue how to fix it. He put me onto his level 2 support team and the guy sorted out the problem within minutes. Needless to say, I am now online loving SL. Only thing is, I benchmarked Start Up and Log Off times and it is actually taking longer to load and switch off?????

Reaction score
I got the same problem with my 3 Mobile Broadband here in Dublin. Can you please share your solution to save me and others from the tech support line..

OP
Nikonshooter
Reaction score
Basically you need to go into networking while your USB key is in your laptop. Remove it from the menu on the left, then re-add it. Then configure it manually with your dialling code and go to advanced options and find the Key. Apply and manually dial in. Sounds hard, I might use the new quicktime feature of screen record and do a video tomorrow and post it on you tube.

Reaction score
Basically you need to go into networking while your USB key is in your laptop. Remove it from the menu on the left, then re-add it. Then configure it manually with your dialling code and go to advanced options and find the Key. Apply and manually dial in. Sounds hard, I might use the new quicktime feature of screen record and do a video tomorrow and post it on you tube.

Okay, I couldn't make it work.. I'm missing a step some where..

1. Open System Preferences - Network
2. Remove HUAWEI Mobile device from the menu on the left
3. Add the device again
4. Configure it manually - Configuration default, Number: *99# (3 Ireland), user/password blank
5. Advanced options - Find the key?!
6. Apply and Connect.

I can follow your steps, until step 5. Under Advanced options I see 5 fans, Modem, DNS, WINS, Proxies and PPP. I can't locate any option including the word: key, or a word there could mean key. Can you please explain a bit more about what options I should select under Advanced options?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Hello,

I used to have a 3 modem but moved to Vodafone (don't worry I'm not going to try and talk you into leaving three). I never removed the old Three modem and when I installed OS X.6 last night I received a little error to say that the old Huawei modem needs rosetta installing to be able to use it - now as I use Vodafone I just ignorred that, removed it from the login items and continued on my merry way...

Try installing rosetta and see if that does anything for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Late-2011), 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD
If this is the Huawei card, there is a fix. I actually had to do this in testing our cards with Snow Leopard over the weekend. When you've inserted the Huawei card and the window pops up with the installer, right-click on it and open up the package itself. There is a file inside called "Mobile_Connect_Drv_App" - that is the actual driver installer. If you run that .pkg instead of the main app, the drivers will install and you can use the Huawei card normally.

Reaction score
I have a slightly different problem. I am trying to install a Huawei E1550 USB Modem from 3 onto my MacBook 2.2GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM running OS 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) and get as far as Configuration, when I get a message - An Internal Error has occurred (5370). I have read the posts but have not got any further. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
boot-up hang from off and sleep,

had a few problems after installing the UK three mobile dongle (zte mf622) onto snow leopard. have read articles that install process has replaced sl file causing issues. immediate rectification is to force shutdown of sl and restart without usb modem connected.

would like to receive any info of how to fix the fact that sl file has been replaced and that this is causing these start-up problems.

thanks
marinko

Reaction score
Possible fix for ZTE 622 on Snow Leopard.

Possible fix for ZTE 622 on Snow Leopard.

I have been having same problem as many and i nearly got a new data contract as 3 are useless and not suppling new drivers for modem that are fully SL compatible.

But i had a brain wave as i support other clients on mobile broadband....and noticed that Vodaphone has driver for ZTE products as part of their mobile connect suite (64bit as well ! ). I download installed etc.
Latest Software Version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband

Then rather than using ZTE connect i used System Prefs > Network > Added the ZTE modem port and used *99# as number. Hey presto a stable connection on 3G with no annoying pop up saying driver extension is incompatible por not installed correctly etc.

Always make sure you disconnect before unplugging as it can cause a kernel panic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.