iPhone iTunes missing cover art

Reaction score
Some of the albums (bough through iTunes) are missing their cover art. All the cover art is ok on my iMac. Does anyone know how I can force the iPhone to update its missing cover art from the iMac?

Reaction score
In iTunes you can right click on the song and select "get album artwork". If that doesn't work, read below.

For the songs that wouldn't get album art from iTunes, go to amazon.com, do a search for the song title, save their album artwork to your desktop, then right click on the song file in iTunes and select "get info" , select the "artwork" tab and either drag the artwork from your desktop to the box or cut and paste it there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I believe Spook's problem is that the artwork is present in iTunes but doesn't show up on his iPhone. I had the same problem with about 10 albums on my iPhone. Usually the problem seemed to be in cases where I had multiple songs, but not the entire album. Try this:

Double click the album in iTunes. Select all the songs in the album. Ctrl-Click. Get info (for multiple items). Under the Info tab, the artwork box in the lower right will be blank. Check the box next to the blank artwork boxes. Click OK and exit. (artwork will then be removed from the album). Go back to the main album view of your library. Ctrl-Click the album. Select Get Album Artwork. (the artwork will be reinstalled). Sync iPhone w/ iTunes.

Reaction score
I have been in dire need to fill up my 300+ iTunes songs which are missing artwork (out of my 12,000 track library) with artwork.

I have tried the "get album artwork" and it left me with the above 300 songs mainly from imported CDs which are missing covers. The rest of the album artwork was applied.

Is there something new that can help me out in automatically getting my missing iTunes artwork?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
CoverScout

Or just go to Amazon or other, copy and paste them

Reaction score
I have been in dire need to fill up my 300+ iTunes songs which are missing artwork (out of my 12,000 track library) with artwork.

I have tried the "get album artwork" and it left me with the above 300 songs mainly from imported CDs which are missing covers. The rest of the album artwork was applied.

Is there something new that can help me out in automatically getting my missing iTunes artwork?

+1 for Coverscout - it would have been nice if they had a Windows version too.

You can check out this discussion thread on iFans for some interesting album artwork programs:

iTunes Artwork/Lyrics Fetcher? - iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch forums - iFans

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.