snow leopard upgrade disk on 2 macs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got the snow leopard for 10 buks for buying a new mac, but I just tried the disk on another mac I got and it installed fine. I thought its one user license only. Has it got multiple licenses?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, it does not have multiple licenses. That is breaking the Software License you agreed to when you installed it the first time as that disk is clearly labeled "Upgrade DVD" right on the face of it.

C. Leopard Upgrade Licenses. If you have purchased an Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer as long as that computer has a properly licensed copy of Mac OS X Leopard already installed on it. If you have purchased a Family Pack Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard license, then subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-branded computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household (as defined above), are used by persons who occupy that same household, and each such computer has a properly licensed copy of Mac OS X Leopard already installed on it. The Family Pack Upgrade for Mac OS X Leopard License does not extend to business or commercial users.

You can buy Snow Leopard for less than $30 for that 2nd machine you have. Just how cheap do the developers have to go before people quit stealing software?

Do you want Apple to put MS style Activation processes in place?

Apple has also added in a hidden process that loads automatically at boot up that will apparently keep track of piracy.
My bet, if enough of this goes on, SL will be the last OS Apple puts out that does not have prevention for this built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.