How do I replace the Power Supply..?

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere, You Tube, Apple Google, various websites. Does anyone know where I can get Take-Apart instructions for this computer?

Problem I have is the computer simply does not acknowledge any internal drives or cd devices. Checking the basic power output, I have just over 2.2 volts on what I think is the 5 volt line. So I'm suspecting the Power Supply... but how do I remove it to have it replaced or serviced? Thanks for any help from anyone. sb

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
See the following archived discussion from the Apple forums: Link

The discussion is about where someone can obtain a service manual for the Mac Pro. There are many links given for various articles and service hints.

Hopefully something there will help you out. Let us know.

Regards.

Reaction score
I'm uploading the service manual to rapidshare right now, will post the link once it's done. It's the newest version, just released a month ago. If you need any other service manuals just ask :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.