One small annoyance, hopefully someone can help?

T

todd51

Ok well I did the whole upgrade this weekend. I'm loving it so far but I have one small annoyance. I think something is messed up in my user accounts. When I upgraded, I completely wiped my drive and did a fresh install of 10.6. I had a bootable backup clone of my drive before I upgraded so that I could use Migration Assistant to copy back over my user settings.

Now I learned that to do this, I had to change my newly created user account name, since it can't transfer an account over if they both have the same name. I figured I could just change it back later, so I set it to "admin". After the transfer, I went into my user accounts and changed them around, so I just had one account named "todd".

Now, for some reason, the sidebar in a finder window has my home folder labeled as "admin", but I still login using the name "todd". As you can see in the screenshots, I think something was messed up. I verified and repaired permissions and have since restarted, but it's a no go. Any help?

Screen shot 2009-08-30 at 9.59.16 PM.png

Screen shot 2009-08-30 at 9.59.36 PM.png

OP
T

todd51

UPDATE: I have also noticed that whenever I quit Adium, the dock icon goes back to the original default. If anyone else is having this, please let me know. I'm about ready to make a new Administrator account and manually change things over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
I think you can just change your account's "Short Name", or the name of your home folder, to "todd", if that's what you are trying to do.

OP
T

todd51

Well I was messing around with it last night, changed some of the Advanced Settings and completely screwed it up, haha. It wouldn't even boot into the user account. No worries, I re-formated again last night and I'm just starting from scratch. I'm manually installing things and pulling files off of my external.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.