Disappearing Sidebar Folder

Reaction score
Problem: In the Places drop down menu I moved to folders I created (and of course filled them with new stuff, 99% of which was pictures). I had left my mac running for about a month, and then when I clicked on the folder, it disappeared. Just... gone with the click of a mouse. I tried to click the other one and it disappeared too.

They're not in my trash (I checked), I tried shutting down and restarting and they're still not back. I tried doing a search, but I couldn't find the folders via the search. I'd like to know how to get these folders back.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you want a solution for having 161 items on your Desktop? You should. ;)

So, the original folder has disappeared from not only the sidebar but also your HD? If not, simply drag the folder from its location in your user directory (or wherever) back to the sidebar.

OP
P
Reaction score
Do you want a solution for having 161 items on your Desktop? You should. ;)

So, the original folder has disappeared from not only the sidebar but also your HD? If not, simply drag the folder from its location in your user directory (or wherever) back to the sidebar.

Some how the clutter feels comfortable :3

Anyway, I can't locate the original folder, it seems to be gone as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.