How do I set a default application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 13", iMac G4, eMac G4, PowerMac G5, iBook G3, Mac Mini G4, iPod Classic, iPadAir2
How do I set a certain file type to open in a program by default? At the moment, .torrent files are set to open by default in Opera, but I want them to open in uTorrent. I can seem to set individual torrent files to open with uTorrent by going to the Open With menu and selecting "Other", then ticking the "Always open with" box, but that only does it for that one file.

Also, how do I get rid of Opera? I don't want it. I don't have any need for it. I didn't install it. It isn't in my Applications folder, but apparently I have 9.27 and 9.20 installed.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Right click on a torrent file and click on Get Info. Where it says Open With, select the application you want. Then click on Change All. Done

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 13", iMac G4, eMac G4, PowerMac G5, iBook G3, Mac Mini G4, iPod Classic, iPadAir2
Right click on a torrent file and click on Get Info. Where it says Open With, select the application you want. Then click on Change All. Done

Legend. Cheers :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.