Mass Effect on Mac mini with Windows XP SP2

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to play Mass Effect, but the game crashes before the first interactive dialogue. I am able to view the opening introduction, the dialogue between the two officers while Shepard looks out the window and the Normandy entering hyperspace. The game crashes when Shepard is about to talk to the pilot.

I have a Mac mini with 4 GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA 9400M graphics and Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00 GHz. According to Windows System Properties, the specs are Intel Core 2 Duo 1.99 GHz, 2.72 GB RAM and Windows XP SP2.

Mass Effect has been patched to 1.02. NVIDIA graphics drivers are from release 186.81, release date August 19, 2009 and driver version 6.14.11.8681.

I was referred to mac-forums.com from EA Quality Assurance. They stated they cannot provide technical assistance with the Mac mini.

Attached is the dxdiag.txt. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank-you for your assistance,
rocketangel

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you sure you meet the system requirements? According to this, your processor is too slow. And, while the 9400M is decent, it may not be powerful enough to power ME (I don't know for sure though).

OP
R
Reaction score
You're right

Thank-you for the prompt reply. The Mac mini's Intel processor does not meet minimum requirements for Mass Effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.