Battery Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD
I am running Leopard 10.5.8 on my first generation MBP (2.4 GHz C2D, 2GB DDR2) Software is up-to-date.
Not until last week my macbook's battery was working just fine. After that, It gives me an estimate of 1 hour and 45 mins of life on a 100%. The moment it reaches 30%, the notebook dies out!

How does this happen. I did not do anything out of the ordinary and just do my work as i do usually. Any Help?

P.S:I bought the Laptop in June 2008. used to give me about 3 hours on a full charge! used to die out at 3%

I Tried the iStatPro(widget) for more information and here is what it says about the battery.
Health :49%
Cycles:68 (how many times i have recharged it)
Charge 96%

OP
painkilleryusuf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD
Ok will try that now dude.. thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am running Leopard 10.5.8 on my first generation MBP (2.4 GHz C2D, 2GB DDR2) Software is up-to-date.
Not until last week my macbook's battery was working just fine. After that, It gives me an estimate of 1 hour and 45 mins of life on a 100%. The moment it reaches 30%, the notebook dies out!

How does this happen. I did not do anything out of the ordinary and just do my work as i do usually. Any Help?

P.S:I bought the Laptop in June 2008. used to give me about 3 hours on a full charge! used to die out at 3%

I Tried the iStatPro(widget) for more information and here is what it says about the battery.
Health :49%
Cycles:68 (how many times i have recharged it)
Charge 96%

You could also try this program:

coconut-flavour.com - [coconutBattery 2.6.5]

Especially look at the "Original Battery Capacity vs. Current Battery Capacity" values...and the "Percent" displayed in the bar below it.

If this percent is really low...maybe under 25%...you might consider getting a new battery...or maybe waiting a little longer till the percent gets around 10%.

If you use Coconut Battery & run the test...please post back with your values...I would be interested in what they are.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And then if you still have odd indications check this out

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.