Snow Leopard problems

Reaction score
Got my disc, popped it into the drive of my air and followed all the instructions. After installation I was asked to restart. When it does, all you get is my desktop image and the colourful spinning wheel which just turns for an eternity.

Any suggestions on what I can do would be most helpful. S Leopard was meant to make things faster not make life worse.

Kieron

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you backup prior to the installation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC OS X v10.6
I installed yesterday afternoon, no problems, and yea things are quite speedy - impressed =-)

OP
K
Reaction score
backing up

yes I did, using the time machine. If I need to re-install from it, what's the best way of doing so?

Kieron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I had exactly the same thing. Customer Support had me do a hard reboot while simultaneously holding down the "C" key. Worked on my MBP.

Reaction score
Only one minor problem with mine. Cannot get my printer to work. Runs me in circles - web site for HP tells me the drivers are included in Snow Leopard but when trying to install them it says they "are not available."

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Only one minor problem with mine. Cannot get my printer to work. Runs me in circles - web site for HP tells me the drivers are included in Snow Leopard but when trying to install them it says they "are not available."

What model HP printer is this? I will check into it for you.

OP
K
Reaction score
what did they exactly ask you to do

I had exactly the same thing. Customer Support had me do a hard reboot while simultaneously holding down the "C" key. Worked on my MBP.

was this after you had installed the software?

Do I just press the power and c button?

Thanks Kieron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
was this after you had installed the software?

Do I just press the power and c button?

Thanks Kieron

The SL disk was already in the optical drive. I did the hard boot while holding down the C key and it went ahead and did the installation. The install took about 45 minutes.

Reaction score
**Editted** Had a problem with multiple programs showing a visual distortion behind the windows when not being the active window.. After finishing system updates and rebooting (which is now amazingly fast) problem vanished

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.