tables in dreamweaver

M

menace3054

I am trying to create a page without using frames. So far I have one table on the top with my header info, and one table on the left with a set of links to click. The table on the left only occupies a small sliver of the screen, yet i cant insert another table to the right of it. How can i set it up so that the table on the left acts more like a frame? thanks

OP
D

design2

menace3054 said:
I am trying to create a page without using frames. So far I have one table on the top with my header info, and one table on the left with a set of links to click. The table on the left only occupies a small sliver of the screen, yet i cant insert another table to the right of it. How can i set it up so that the table on the left acts more like a frame? thanks

your best bet would be to create a main table with 2 col / 2 row's
and merge the top and bottom td's on the left making sure the row-span is set at 2. then within the td you can either insert another table into that or just use the set cells. this is easy to do if your a beginner in wysiwyg mode , you just right click when you've selected the 2 cells, then click merge.

OP
V

vtupser

I would use colspans instead of rowspans because not all browsers like the rowspan attribute. Do like design2 said, but instead colspan the top row to encompas your header then use the second row to act as your nav and body content. You can also resort to using CSS if you know how to use the positioning commands, but then again not all browsers are compliant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.