Is AppleCare tranferrable?

Reaction score
Hello

I have the opportunity to buy a nearly new iMac 24 that comes with a 3 year AppleCare warranty (2 years 6 months remaining). If I buy this system (my first Mac by the way), is the AppleCare warranty transferrable with the system? I reside in the UK so don't know what the differences are from US legislation.

Many thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Moved to more appropriate forum. Not a site comment or suggestion.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello

I have the opportunity to buy a nearly new iMac 24 that comes with a 3 year AppleCare warranty (2 years 6 months remaining). If I buy this system (my first Mac by the way), is the AppleCare warranty transferrable with the system? I reside in the UK so don't know what the differences are from US legislation.

Many thanks

Well if the warranty works the same in the UK as in the US...it seems that Apple tracks the warranty by the serial number of the computer. So whomever is the current owner of the computer gets the warranty coverage or benefits.

Hopefully this policy applies as well in the UK,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Many thanks Nick.

Toasty

Your welcome.

We have quite a few UK members on this site...maybe they will chime in with their "2 cents" if there are any UK Apple warranty differences vs. the US.

Enjoy that Mac,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.