Adobe, Quark app transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
Hi guys,

I have recently moved house and decided its time to upgrade my mac pro again, however I cannot find any of my install disks.

I am planning on putting a new HDD in place of the old home drive and thus need to know if there is anyway of getting adobe cs3, quark express etc back onto the computer without buying them all again?

I have managed to find a cs3 master collection trial dvd at work, can i just install that and find the serials on the current install to transfer over?

The apps i need to transfer are: Adobe cs3, quark epress, office, toast titanium. I think thats all i really need, the others I am not too fussed about

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Best way is to clone your old drive to another disk (use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner), you could simply use your old drive but I assume you want to keep it as a back-up.

On the copied disk delete all the applications apart from the ones you wish to keep. (leave the library etc folders alone, these contain the files that will restore your serial numbers)

Do a nice fresh install on the new disk, then use Migration Assistant (in Utilities) to restore the applications from the back-up

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
thank you for your help. If i put a new HHD in and then on the old one, delete everything apart from the apps, use migation assistant to copy across the apps then can i just delete everything from the old HDD and use it as a backup then?

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry, another question. The mac in question is a power-pc running on 10.4 - when i put the new HDD in, it will be on snow leopard - does this matter?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
sorry, another question. The mac in question is a power-pc running on 10.4 - when i put the new HDD in, it will be on snow leopard

No, it won't "be on snow leopard."

You will either have to clone your original 10.4 install, or buy a new set of 10.4 or 10.5 system discs.

OP
joe.morgan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry I meant i already have snow leopard & leopard install disks - so i will be putting that onto the new HDD (EDIT - just realised SL doesn't work on PPC so Leo will be going onto it) - if i clone the applications across from the old HDD running on 10.4 - will there be any problems with the new HDD running on a new OS?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.