• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need some suggestions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz - 2GB Ram - 250GB HDD
Alright, for my film studies class we been assigned to create a film-company from scratch. Over the course of the past semester we been making short videos and whatnot so now we need to create a website, Youtube channel, etc.. to promote those videos and spread the word.

I need help coming up with a name. Something clever (you remember names such as Lionsgate, Dreamworks, Lakeshore, etc..) and catchy that will remain in peoples minds and hopefully cause them to come back. Some of the suffixes I could use: Entertainment, Productions, Pictures, Studios, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time,

Tomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
VideoLabs
FootageSpire
Trans ition Films
New Reel Pictures

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I need help coming up with a name. Something clever (you remember names such as Lionsgate, Dreamworks, Lakeshore, etc..) and catchy that will remain in peoples minds and hopefully cause them to come back. Some of the suffixes I could use: Entertainment, Productions, Pictures, Studios, etc. Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time,

Tomas

In the creative area that you're studying (film studies)...aren't you supposed to use your own "creative juices" to come up with a name?

Isn't it sort of like defeating the purpose of the assignment...if you get a great idea from someone else over the internet?

My 2 cents,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Yeah but I may get lucky and stuck in Credit

Name Creator Andrew Makowsky
;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah but I may get lucky and stuck in Credit

Name Creator Andrew Makowsky
;)

Then you would be famous...and could buy any Macintosh you wanted!;D

Although the laptop you're getting is pretty darn nice!:):)

- Nick

OP
Ragana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the creative area that you're studying (film studies)...aren't you supposed to use your own "creative juices" to come up with a name?

Isn't it sort of like defeating the purpose of the assignment...if you get a great idea from someone else over the internet?

My 2 cents,

- Nick

That you are, but, I was curious to see what other people come up with as well. I figured this would be easy but I sat down yesterday and after six hours, came up with nothing.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That you are, but, I was curious to see what other people come up with as well. I figured this would be easy but I sat down yesterday and after six hours, came up with nothing.

I "feel" for ya...this sort of assignment is not always as easy as it sounds.

It's sort of like being told to sit down & come up with a brand new invention...and by the way...you have 48 hours to do it!;D

I guess the big question is...if someone posts a great idea here on the Mac-Forums...will you:

- use it verbatim
- modify it slightly
- not use it

Temptation grasshopper...temptation!;D

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
Ragana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

My 2 cents,

- Nick

All my short films are still-picture based, pretty much the same style as Kebn Burns. I don't focus on one genre though, which is why it's tough to come up with something specific.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.