Iphoto issues in Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Previously I used Iphoto to import pics from my Canon camera. After installing Snow Leopard, I can no longer import photos. My camera only shows up if I have Iphoto open. Iphoto shows all my pics on my camera, but doesn't even let me click on "import photos." If I select a photo or photos and drag them into a folder in Iphoto, it will say "importing" but never actually does it. Now when I try to quit or do anything a box pops up and says "photos are being imported to the photo library, please wait for import to complete." Help!

OP
T
Reaction score
Today this worked perfectly. I didn't do or change anything, so I have no idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X, version 10.6, MacBook Pro
10.6 doesn't allow import photos from Canon

I just upgraded with Snow Leopard 10.6, and now my computer does not recognize my Canon SD100 IS camera, so I cannot import photos to iPhoto. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Did your camera come with a specific driver on a disc? Normally camera's just show up as a HD icon on the desktop.
Have you tried putting the card in a card reader instead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Canon cameras, as a rule, don't mount as drives, so it wouldn't show up on the desktop. A card reader may well help, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I have a canon Digital rebel xti and iPhoto recognized it plugged in via usb. No problems here. Let me import photos just fine. I didn't have to install any drivers or anything.
The problem might be camera specific??

Reaction score
I've been having the same issue with my digital rebel xt. Just got off the phone with apple and they say if you have an older version of iphoto (mine is v6) then there may be compatibility issues with Snow Leopard. His suggestion was to upgrade iLife.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.