Propellerhead's Reasons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.25 Ghz, 40GB HD, 512MB Ram, 32MB video, 8X SuperDrive, 80GB external USB drive
I have a Mac Mini with 512MB of ram and am thinking of getting the music program Reasons by Propellerhead. I'm just wondering if anyone is using this program on their Macs and how demanding it it on the system. I've noticed that GarageBand 2 tends to be demanding at times. Should I upgrade the ram or just forget about running Reasons on the Mini? :batman:

M

meltbanana314

Audio production is *very* intensive stuff. My geometry teacher doubles as a recording engineer/producer in his spare time and he told me that 1GB of RAM is the sweet spot for the Windows version (he's using a 1.8GHz AMD processor) so you should max out the RAM on your mini.

And it's "Reason" not "Reasons" The name is singular.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.25 Ghz, 40GB HD, 512MB Ram, 32MB video, 8X SuperDrive, 80GB external USB drive
Another question, can I use the GarageKey keyboard with Reason, or is this keyboard strictly for GarageBand. I'm a novice, and I like the small footprint of the GarageKey keyboard. Was just curious as to whether it would be compatible with other music programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
garagekey is totally compatible with other music apps, as long as those apps work in panther.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.