black macbook speakers...

Reaction score
my macbook's speakers were running very well until now. the problem is that now I cant listen to anything except for the sound when I first turn on the computer. its really disturbing, i have to wear the earphones all the time...

is there something that I can do to bring back the sound????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro, 2.26ghz, 2GB RAM; 17" IMAC G5, 160 GB HD, 2.5 GB RAM, built in iSight,
Had this happen on my imac G5 once. Resetting the PRAM and NVRAM did the trick for me. Just be aware that you may have to change some of your system settings (such as the clock) back. Resetting your Mac's PRAM and NVRAM

OP
N
Reaction score
thank you for ur help.... unfortunately my speakers are still not functioning... is there any other solution ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unplug your headphones and open system preferences, sound. When you click on output, what does it say?

If it shows headphones, it means your headphone jack may be stuck in the headphone mode. Try wiggling a sturdy toothpick in the jack to see if you can release it. Also make sure you don't have mute on.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
i dont think that this is the case here, because I can her the sound when I first start the computer. and whats killing me is that I cant hear or listen to anything at all... and no its not in mute mode

:(((

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.