ical any way to add clip-art

Reaction score
New imac owner here. I want to take a calender from ical and paste into a blank iwork pages document so I can add some clip art. Ical help has nothing for adding clip art images. Is there an easy way to do this without purchasing software like print shop? Have tried to export calender to desktop - no luck getting into pages. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
do you have the knew version of pages?

I dont... but...
Export the calendar to your desktop,
rename it <what ever its name was before>.pages
open it... might work... just a suggestion!!
my computer tells me i need a newer version of pages to do it, i have the '08 version!!!

OP
I
Reaction score
Zipdog - thanks for the try. I have pages 09, renamed calender as suggested to .pages then went to pages to open. Got error message - could not open, not correct format.

Anyone with a way to paste a calender from ical into a blank pages document where I could add some clipart??

Reaction score
Zipdog - thanks for the try. I have pages 09, renamed calender as suggested to .pages then went to pages to open. Got error message - could not open, not correct format.

Anyone with a way to paste a calender from ical into a blank pages document where I could add some clipart??

I don't think there is any way to add clip art directly to iCal, but you can do a screen shot of iCal and drop into Pages then add your clip art. Another and I think a better way would be to drop the screen shot into an image editor and then add your clip art. A good free one would be Seashore Seashore - About I tried it and it works good for what you want. Any good graphic editor you have that does layers and transparency.

If you don't know how to take a screen shot let me know

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Drag out the calendar to the size you want. Then use command shift 4 and use the curser to draw around the calendar you want to use.
A picture will be on your desktop ready to insert into pages or a graphics application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.