How to... change desktop color?

Y

Yeti

I'm wondering how one might change the color of the desktop to any arbitrary color. Using the desktop/screensaver prefs only offers ten colors by default. With a display capable of millions of colors, it seems as though I should be able to set the desktop color to any color I choose.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Running OS 10.3.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
when you go to the solid colors option in your sys prefs and desktop and wallpaper

click the box to the right of the drop down menu....select your color from there

-chris

OP
J

Jefe3223

You know what? I never actually thought about that...however, coach z is right...and beat me by like ten seconds. By the way, you need to have it on center, to select a color. Otherwise, you'll never find it.

edit...that is if you want a white square in the middle. (if you have a picture up and select "center" and then select a color you want; next back track to the solid color tab and click a color (that gets you a background with an odd square in the middle). I think photoshoping it and making it into a jpeg would be just as easy (if not easier). But my goal shall be to get this to work...

You'd of thought I'd seen that white box sooner...but no, I had a window in fron of it :-( . Today is not my day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im kinda in a rush....but i dont think that works!...try it out though...

if not...go make a picture of a color in gimp, photoshop, illustrator, or some sort of paint program...and then stretch it to fill the screen

-chris

OP
Y

Yeti

Thanks all.

I did manage to get the background to a different color but the square in the middle is odd. I guess the only way to really get it right is with a solid color graphics file. That's okay, but a bit weird. You should be able just to pick a color from a pallete. There must be some prefs/config files somewhere though.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.