reinstalling osx with a wireless keyboard-how do I name the HD?

Reaction score
I"m reinstaling Leopard on my friend's mini. He has a wireless keyboard and mouse. They aren't recognized after booting from CD. We have a usb mouse, so that got me to the point where I need to name the HD. But we don't have a plugin keyboard. Am I stuck with buying a keyboard just for this? What a waste! We don't want to name it "untitled" or some combination of those letters. (Copy/paste anyone?) Is there an easy fix that I'm missing? What can I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The simple solution is to buy a cheap USB keyboard. Any USB keyboard will be OK. Windows type keyboards work just fine and you can get one for less than $15 at any Wal-Mart store. Keep it handy after the installation for those times when you need to reinstall.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Would it kill you to wait until after installation to rename the hard disk?

OP
G
Reaction score
Would it kill you to wait until after installation to rename the hard disk?

Oh. I didn't think I could rename it later. I thought it was like choosing case-sensitive or case insensitive format. That I was stuck with the choice until a reinstallation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.