The computer crashes...

Reaction score
I have an emac 1.25ghz, with the 9200, and every time I boot into Mac OS X 10.4, it crashes. I have replaced the RAM, the HDD, and the heatsink(thought the proc was overheating) but I came to the conclusion that it only crashes(as in pointer won't move and keyboard has no effect) when I boot into normal mode, but it works fine and fast in safe boot mode... Anyone know what might be the problem with it?? Thank you in advance...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have an emac 1.25ghz, with the 9200, and every time I boot into Mac OS X 10.4, it crashes. I have replaced the RAM, the HDD, and the heatsink(thought the proc was overheating) but I came to the conclusion that it only crashes(as in pointer won't move and keyboard has no effect) when I boot into normal mode, but it works fine and fast in safe boot mode... Anyone know what might be the problem with it?? Thank you in advance...

Give this a read...could be what you're experiencing:

1.25 Ghz eMacs Plagued By Capacitor Problems | Cult Of Mac

If your emac's capacitor's are bulging...they would need to be replaced.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
actually, it says on the superdrive door with the apple that it was made in 2006, and it works fine in safe boot mode...

OP
M
Reaction score
As much as it hurts me to say it, Pigoo3 was right. It was a faulty capacitor, so I will attempt to fix it, but in the meantime, I will be working on my other macs to try and get them sold... I'm just sad because this is the only 1.25 I have, all the others are 1Ghz, which won't bring in as much money. Thanks for your help, guys.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would have bet Pigoo was correct as it sounded so much like that Capacitor issue.

Why are you selling off all your Macs? Just curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.