Clean Install of SL / Win7 Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
Hey all,

I have my upgrade disk coming early next week in the mail. I'm used to doing clean installs on my OS's from my Windows days and I'd like to do it again just to clean out my system (even though its only a month old :))

I have Windows 7 on a separate partition via bootcamp. If I install Snow Leopard on the current Leopard partition, but keep the Win7 partition, will SL be able to see and use the Win7?

Also, if I want to increase the size of the Win7 partition, is it safe to do it during install, or should I just do a clean install of everything?

I guess if I decide to clean install everything, then I don't have to worry about anything here.

Help is appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why not try an upgrade install first? That will keep your Win 7 Boot Camp partition intact. Later on you can always increase the Win 7 partition with the free "Camp Tune" utility from Paragon Software.

If you're not satisfied with the upgrade install, it's easy enough to start over with a clean install of everything. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.