airport/network on and off, lost again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15'', 10.4.11, 2GHz, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
So... after not finding any solution to this problem I am desperate to hear somebody say: no problem, you just gotta do this... ;D

I noticed a few days back that my computer wouldn't have any signal from the airport extreme base while my wife (with her mac book) had one! Only a couple meters away I could get my internet connection.

Now when I start up my MBP sometimes I get a signal that disappears again after a short while, sometimes I don't see the airport status in the menu bar, it can't find any network. Then when I reboot it can sometimes find everything as it used to be, just to disappear after a minute or so...

I didn't change anything in my parameters but I wonder if something is wrong with my airport card?

Did anyone experience similar problems?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please refer to the following Networking FAQ sticky for tips and trouble shooting first. Then post back.

Regards.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15'', 10.4.11, 2GHz, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

well, I read your lines and give a good overview about possibilities where the problem might be. However, nothing really fits for my problem since another computer is running perfectly fine on that network. I will try to go to a mac store today and check it out. Thanks for your help so far though! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.