MBP Shuts Down Unexpectedly

Reaction score
As the title says, it keeps shutting down without any warning. At first i just thought the battery was dead, but after plugging it in to the mains, the battery states 53%, and i don't get the "Your battery is low", so I'm thinking it must be something else. Here are the battery stats anyway...

Picture2-3.png

The battery is quite old, so it might be an issue. I'm starting to think it might be some sort of hardware failure, my MBP is nearly 3 years old now, and never had any thing go wrong with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
CobR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)
How hot does your Macbook get?

My Macbook has shut down suddenly once before. When I picked it up to plug the mains in, it was red hot, and when it started again the battery was 60%.

I put it down to the Macbook being on the bed, which doesn't promote good airflow around the bottom.

Reaction score
How hot does your Macbook get?

My Macbook has shut down suddenly once before. When I picked it up to plug the mains in, it was red hot, and when it started again the battery was 60%.

I put it down to the Macbook being on the bed, which doesn't promote good airflow around the bottom.

That's happened to me before, from then on when using it on the bed, I make sure I set it down on something hard and flat like an encyclopedia of some sort, I recently bought a small coffeetable, I must say it works like a charm.

Good luck:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.