Snow Leopord question...might sound obvious.

Reaction score
Might sound like a silly question, but I'm planning on ordering a MacBookPro with Snow Leopord. Now since it was released today I got excited I could order it early. So here's my question: If I order it now, I'd get Leopord with the Snow Leopord upgrade disc. If I wait, it will come already preinstalled for me in a week or two...

so does it make a difference in like upgrade quality or something if I wait and get the preloaded one? or should I just get the disc and do it myself? I think the obvious answer might be it will make no difference between the 10 minute install I'd have to do myself if I get it now...right? or would there be a difference in space/quality or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
As far as I know. You will get Snow Leopard either pre-installed or as a separate disc with your new Mac. You should not have to buy it at it will come with your mac in one form or another. And it's more like a one hour install and it the pre-installed version should be exactly the same as the one shipped on the DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina 13", iMac G4, eMac G4, PowerMac G5, iBook G3, Mac Mini G4, iPod Classic, iPadAir2
When I bought my MacBook, it came with 10.4.11 and a Leopard Drop-In Disc. I ran the drop-in disc and it upgraded it no problems at all. I then bought an iMac a good few months later that had 10.5.2 pre-installed, and I can safely say there were no difference. I would assume exactly the same would happen with Snow Leopard.

OP
S
Reaction score
cool. sounds like it's up to when i want to buy it and if i want to spend the time upgrading it. haha. i want it now...but finances are tight so i may wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Personally, I would wait on it until they can work out a few kinks, but if you want, go right ahead now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.