adding a mail account...

Reaction score
So I'm trying to add an email account to my iPhone 3G, but it's not a standard email. It is a school email through which my professors email me. I have to log in to my online services (mysierra.sierracollege.edu), and then there is a section of my homepage that has my mail. I've tried doing it but I have no idea what IMAP, SSL, POP, Incoming / Outgoing Mail Server, or anything are specifically, and the differences between them all, so it's hard for me to appropriately set it up. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Private network

I dont think you have a choice, if its on a private network server, you need to login to the servers first, so you can only do this on the website before you can access your email.
Alternatively, is there an option on the server to have your email redirected to another of your standard email accounts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.