Can I get a better replacement hard drive for my macbook?

Reaction score
My macbook hard drive died for the second time and I was wondering if I could get a new one that has more space than the stock hard drive. I don't expect to get a better quality drive or anything, but if I can upgrade for relatively the same price as the regular macbook hd than I'd definitely wanna do that. Also if anybody can post any links to replacement macbook drives that I can get instead of the regular one, that'd be swell. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
There are loads out there.

Try looking for a Seagate Momentus 2.5" drive or a Western Digital Black/Blue 2.5" drive.

I personally installed a 7200rpm Western Digital and it is nice and snappy.

I have some more info and guides in my sig BTW. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
I had a hard drive die in my eight month old MBP and Apple told me that they would only install a similar hard drive that it was shipped with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
I had a hard drive die in my eight month old MBP and Apple told me that they would only install a similar hard drive that it was shipped with.

That is correct. In warranty you have to accept whatever apple ships.

Out of warranty you can fit whatever you like. My personal preference is currently for Seagate drives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.