Snow Leopard installation stalled

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I noticed my installation was stated to take 57 minutes. Now, after over 2.5 hours, it is still installing. I followed directions and selected the proper hard drive. I accepted the terms. I have had the desktop minus icons and dock now for this time. I have the spinning gear wheel.

Is this normal? Or should I force quit and start again?

Update:
I called customer support and got right in. No waiting. They had me do a hard reboot while holding down the "C" key. It installed after about 45 minutes. Now that it is up, I must say I immediately noticed how much more vibrant the colors were. Also, pairing with my bluetooth mighty mouse and printer was different and much easier. So, I'm a happy camper.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I noticed my installation was stated to take 57 minutes. Now, after over 2.5 hours, it is still installing. I followed directions and selected the proper hard drive. I accepted the terms. I have had the desktop minus icons and dock now for this time. I have the spinning gear wheel.

Is this normal? Or should I force quit and start again?

That doesn't sound right...installation of 10.6 took me under an hour.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.