I have just been converted

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My friend has finally convinced me and made me buy my first Mac!

Got the MacBook as i don't want anything to extra fancy.

I have been reading up about them but i just wanted to know what i can get for my mac as i hear people talking about leopards and have no idea what this is?

Is there anything that can change the kind of style bar at the bottom of the screen?

If anyone has any information that may help me, that would be great.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
There is lots on line and in this forum - here is a couple of other sites here and here

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Got the MacBook as i don't want anything to extra fancy.

What do you mean you don't want anything to extra fancy...everybody likes fancy!;D

Welcome to the forum!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Leopard is an operating system for the Mac.

The newest operating system called Snow Leopard just came out today, you can purchase it for 29 dollars or for 10 dollars if you bought it after June 8th 09.

The bottom bar is called a dock. If you press the apple button in the top left corner there is something called system preferences. When you click that you can personalize your mac some more.

At the top of it, there should be something that says dock, click that and you can change it.

You can make it bigger, smaller, make it minimize, go on the left side of the screen, the right, or the bottom.

I personally have mine minimized, so I can have the most screen when I use safari without going to into full screen mode.

Any more questions, post back or make a new thread. Also, if I did not answer your question correctly (maybe I totally misunderstood), let me know.

Welcome to the Mac OS X and the forums!
Have fun and enjoy your new Macbook.

OP
L
Reaction score
Leopard is an operating system for the Mac.

The newest operating system called Snow Leopard just came out today, you can purchase it for 29 dollars or for 10 dollars if you bought it after June 8th 09.

The bottom bar is called a dock. If you press the apple button in the top left corner there is something called system preferences. When you click that you can personalize your mac some more.

At the top of it, there should be something that says dock, click that and you can change it.

You can make it bigger, smaller, make it minimize, go on the left side of the screen, the right, or the bottom.

I personally have mine minimized, so I can have the most screen when I use safari without going to into full screen mode.

Any more questions, post back or make a new thread. Also, if I did not answer your question correctly (maybe I totally misunderstood), let me know.

Welcome to the Mac OS X and the forums!
Have fun and enjoy your new Macbook.

This is exactly what ia was after, thank you.

Do you think Snow Leopard is any good then? Has any one got a screen shot of it so i can see what it is like and if there anything good in it please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Snow Leopard does not look any different to Leopard, most of the changes are "under the hood", so don't rush to get Snow Leopard yet unless its more technical features are something you need.

Mac OS X v10.6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.