Apple lists incompatible software for Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
The Apple website has a list of software that's incompatible with Snow Leopard at this link:

Mac OS X v10.6: About incompatible software

Moderator please move if you want this buried in the huge Snow Leopard thread. But I think it's useful as a thread by itself. Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Moderator please move if you want this buried in the huge Snow Leopard thread. But I think it's useful as a thread by itself. Thanks.

I hate to say it...I think some (or a lot) of useful & interesting threads are getting lumped & lost into the "Snow Leopard Experience's" Thread...which seems to be turning into a big merged thread Snow Leopard "trash" can!!!:(

Maybe the threads should be given 24 hours of "life" before being tossed in there!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I hate to say it...I think some (or a lot) of useful & interesting threads are getting lumped & lost into the "Snow Leopard Experience's" Thread...which seems to be turning into a big merged thread Snow Leopard "trash" can!!!:(

Maybe the threads should be given 24 hours of "life" before being tossed in there!;)

- Nick

I totally agree.
I mean all I wanted was to start a poll on how long everyone thought it'd take before Apple updated the new SL software and instead it's lost in that ginormous thread now. Ahhh, fuhgeddaboudit! :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I think this ought to be stickyed as it's own thread. Very useful. It took just a minute for me to check through the list. I think I'm fine here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK guys... Let's give our moderators time to sort all this out. Let's not forget that they're probably busy installing Snow Leopard and doing the tweeks just like the rest of us are.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel 2.4, 10.6.1, XP Partition | 1st Gen Time Capsule | 5th Gen 30GB iPod
Good Bye Parallels

I'm so glad that is going away. I am one of the few people I know who don't swear by it. I was always so uneasy that it was "sponsored" by Apple - at least to the extant that it was "recommended" on Apple.com

My theory has been that Apple is waiting to see what independent developers come up with to improve Boot Camp and running multiple OS's - mainly for more creative ways to switch between them and How to resize an OS hard drive after the fact. I worked for someone who called it "doing the impossible" - on Windows 2003 SBS Servers some drives come sized in-proportionately out of the box and he had the equivalent of a cheat sheet to change that. Before that I just assumed it was impossible to resize XP on my Mac but indeed I have not found anything reliable (not some third party freeware that works half the time).

I'm glad to see Parallels gone. I had an appointment with an "Apple Genius" and we had that same discussion.

As far as incompatibility goes - I am very careful about what I put on my computer. Anything even slightly incompatible will slow down boot time considerable. What has had the most affect on my MacBook has certainly been Office for Mac - My computer was fast as lightening before I installed that. I wonder if that will change.

I ordered Snow Leopard last night - but I don't think I will be installing it any time soon. Something tells me to just wait. It's not that I don't trust Apple (compared to MS), I personally just need some time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
After checking the list...it would seem that Parallels 4.0 & 5.0 are currently compatible...only version 3.0 is not compatible at the moment.

- Nick

Reaction score
Add Coolaris to the incompatible list. They are working to correct the problem.

Reaction score
Apple were pretty quick to prepare me for the upgrade to SL. The final ipdate on Leopard contained new drivers and firmware for my printer - which was just as well because it had unnacountably stopped working that same day - or from since I'd last used it and after the penultimate update. It works fine on SL - as do most things but not old versions of iWork.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.