Difficult to setup ADSL & Airport Express?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi.

In an honest opinion, do you think when I get my iBook it is going to be a difficult task for me to get my ADSL and Airport Express network up and running?

I've read that it is as easy as:
- Setup your ADSL connection directly on the iBook, once you're online, you can unplug the modem and plug it into the Airport Express, and then plug that into the power point. Then when using the Airport setup wizard, it will automatically send the info from the iBook to the Express Station, and I will be up and running in no time? Yes or No?

And is it a difficult task to initially setup the ADSL connection? I don’t remember it being too difficult on my PC, but in the Apple Support Articles I’ve read, there’s lots of talk about DHCP, BootP & PPP??? I just have a standard 256/64 kbps ADSL connection with external modem.

This will be my first MAC and I'm trying to find out as much as possible before I get it. I don't want to spend 2 or 3 hours trying to setup ADSL and a wireless network (which for the first few months will only consist of the iBook).

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, its that easy. after physically connecting it, you use AirPort Setup Assistant in the utilities folder to set it up. your isp should give you the info you need. you'll probably use dhcp since its an adsl modem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Ahh I see... Thanks very much. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.