Problem downloading opera

Reaction score
Okay.....have registered here after months of digging.
I am unable to download opera on my macbook. It is 2 years old, up to date and I love her!!!
I need opera for business access purposes.
Every time that I download it, it loops in the applications folder and will not open.
Help!!!
Thanks so much!!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What do you mean by loops? Does the icon just bounce and then disappear from the dock? If so, let's see if there are any errors when you try to launch it. Open up Terminal.app (/Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following (copy & paste it and press enter):
Code:
/Applications/Opera.app/Contents/MacOS/Opera
Does anything get printed back to the Terminal?

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes....it says no such file or delivery.

When I drag the opera icon into applications it is visible there. When I click on it or hit open, it loops back to drag icon to apps..
Sorry should have made that clearer before.
I do indeed thank you for your aid!!
JVA

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is Opera located in your Applications directory and called Opera? The response you got from that command states that Opera doesn't exist.

Are you running one of the Opera 10 betas/RC or are you running Opera 9?

OP
J
Reaction score
am running the Opera10beta....and for some strange reason, I clicked on the flip-up at the bottom of the notice to drag it into apps and viola!!!! She finished loading grandly.
Am in applications now and it does now show up in terminal....
Hmmm....
Maybe I was jumping the gun earlier....
The big O is now in the dock....
Thanks so much Vans....
Appreciated!!
JVa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.