Installed Tiger on iBook G3, now no internet.

Reaction score
I have a iBook G3 800Mhz 640 RAM with an airport card. I am trying to update it so my young children can use it for the internet.
When I was running OS X 10.2.1 last week, I could go on the internet, wireless signal detected immediately - perfect.
Then I installed Tiger 10.4.6, no internet, no wireless network detection, so updated to 10.4.9, and no change. I updated the firmware to my router
linksys WRT54G version 2, no change.
My wireless card is AirPort, Firmware is 9.52, and it says "Wireless Network is not available" _ I have 2 other Mac's with Leopard in the house operating wirelessly from the same router, so I know it is all good signal wise etc, and most importantly THIS computer was connecting too before loading Tiger.
I cannot connect via ethernet either. System Profiler says the Location is active, but in Network diagnostics it says it is not connected t a DSL modem or an Ethernet network - which it clearly is.
Please help me, I have spent days on this, and there is no more I know to do. It's still a great computer, especially for internet for a 5 year old - and I am so close, yet so very far...

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Same computer...switched to Verizon MiFi because satellite a pain. Other newer computer works fine with MiFi...this one I can't get the computer to find the MIFi. Very frustrating. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
You could try an Apple store, if they would even support a G3 anymore. That's a strange issue. Is it possible that maybe something internally failed at the same time you made the upgrade?

OP
B
Reaction score
It isn't under warranty anymore, and I feel it is a software issue because I the airport and internet connect was working beautifully with the older operating system.
I did install Tiger twice, because I saw the problem the first time, thought the same thing, reinstalled it to find the same problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
I don't know what to say. you could always go to the genius bar. It won't hurt for them to take a look and they shouldn't charge you a penny. Now, if it needs a major repair, you can decide whether you want to pay for it or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.