Is it possible to block AirPort to study?

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has invented a procrastination aid in the form of software that you could set a timer on and it would keep you from accessing your AirPort for the duration of the timer (say half-hour).

The multi-tasking addiction has taken its toll and I can no longer resist the magical interwebs on my own for long enough to complete important studying. Indeed, I am at this moment in a lecture.

If anyone knows of something like this, or can tell me if it's possible to do it. That would be so totally appreciated.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Click on your airport symbol, and disable it?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here you go. I've used it in the past and it works like a charm. That site also links to software called Freedom, which I haven't tried, but supposedly disable all networking for a period of time.

@CrimsonRequiem - That can be re-enabled. ;)

F

fade

I've used leechblock in the past with firefox...

Vansmith, thanks for that. I'm going to be giving that a shot next week as I have 2 papers and a speech to write.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.