Snow Lepoard drawbacks

Reaction score
According to an article in this mornings New York Times there are at least two drawbacks to the OS which would prevent me from installing. !) Photoshop CS3 will not run. 2)Flip4mac will not either.
Any thoughts on how to track this?
Ellis:Grimmace:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
According to an article in this mornings New York Times there are at least two drawbacks to the OS which would prevent me from installing. !) Photoshop CS3 will not run. 2)Flip4mac will not either.
Any thoughts on how to track this?
Ellis:Grimmace:

Remember...many applications are not necessarily compatible when a OS is immediately released. Many software programs need to have updates or patches written to make them compatible...which may happen shortly after the OS update is released.

Of course if you have some critical programs that you need to function 24-7...then I wouldn't update the OS either.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 2.4GHz Core2Duo MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM
I've been using the developer preview since WWDC and flip4mac is working fine. I use CS4 and it's ok. There was an article on Macworld earlier saying not to panic, CS3 works on Snow Leopard.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The URL I provided above shows both working. Check it out as it's a very complete list.

It's CS2 that is reported not to work. Yes, it's a PPC Binary and the list says it might work under Rosetta.

CS3 works fine as Desdemonica stated.

We will all know a lot more tomorrow after people start installing 10.6.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.