Snow Leopard Software Compatibility

Reaction score
I did not find this in the forum, so I am posting it here. Apologies if I missed it.

As we all know Snow Leopard is due out tomorrow, August 28. But before upgrading, you may want to check for software compatibility issues. There are several apps I use that will not work on Snow Leopard yet.

Here is a list. Snow Leopard Compatibility list

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I did not find this in the forum, so I am posting it here. Apologies if I missed it.

As we all know Snow Leopard is due out tomorrow, August 28. But before upgrading, you may want to check for software compatibility issues. There are several apps I use that will not work on Snow Leopard yet.

Here is a list. Snow Leopard Compatibility list

Hey Mudbug...thanks a million for posting this thread.

I was just about to post exactly the same thing!...with the same idea as you.

Everyone is super excited about 10.6 (as am I)...but it doesn't make too much sense to immediately upgrade if someone's favorite "work or play" applications are not compatible with 10.6 yet.

Otherwise...someone may be able to "mouse" around with the finder, still be able to surf the internet, get e-mail, and play that darn "chess" game Apple always includes...but not get much work done if their favorite application doesn't work with 10.6.

Thanks again,

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Interestingly while browsing the compatibility list...I saw that the game Diablo 2 is currently listed as compatible with 10.6.

Wow...a game that was first released in 2000 (with updates along the way) is already compatible with OS 10.6...and then a lot of newer programs still have an "unknown" status.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.