Removing Keychain entries from Time Machine disk

Reaction score
I recently add a non-login password to my user keychain as one more layer of protection should my computer fall in to the hands of 'Bad Guys'. (I require a different password to log into my account . . . which I am aware doesn't really offer a lot of protection . . .)

(1) Am I kidding myself that I have added one more layer of keychain access protection . . . that is meaningful ?

(2) If I have added meaningful protection, then what about keychain records stored on my Time Machine disk prior to adding the non-login password: That is to say, if someone got their hands on the computer and the Time Machine disk & figured out my login password, could they then get in to my keychain via Time Machine?

(3) If they could, could I remove such records from the TM disk using, for instance, Tri-Edre's Back-In-Time application . . . and if so, what files need to be removed?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.