Best Possible Solution for Mighty Mouse Right-Click problem.

Reaction score
Hi, I am a recent windows to Mac switcher, I would never in my life go back to windows. I love everything about Mac, and now see the hype. Anyways.

I purchased a mighty mouse wireless, and I noticed how you had to raise all your fingers in order to right click on the mighty mouse. I hated this, I was going to return the mouse that same day..

I think I have found the best solution, what I did is make the scroll ball my secondary click, so that when I click the scroll ball in, it is the right click.

This works perfectly. Let me know what you guys think.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sounds like a lot of trouble to make using a mediocre mouse acceptable. The Mighty Mouse is almost universally detested for its short lifespan and poor ergonomics. There are a lot better choices out there. Life is too short to deal with a mouse that isn't comfortable to use.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have a Logitech m555b Bluetooth Notebook mouse. You can read my review on the Mac-Forums Blog.

For desktops, I'd recommend the Logitech VX Revolution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.