Need Access Laptop HDD as External

Reaction score
My Fujitsu laptop screen died, but HDD is ok. I need to connect to it and get those files as if it were an external HDD. Apparently file sharing is either not turned on so I can't see it via the ethernet.........any ideas???????? :Shouting:

Alternately, I'd be happy if I could just force the laptop to show on another monitor, but simply hooking up my monitor to it didn't work. The laptop runs Windows XP Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Easy enough to sort on a Mac but PC - no idea.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Get yourself a kit like this one - this will let you connect the drive as an external to your Mac via USB. Won't be able to write to the drive if it's NTFS, but OS X can read from it.

Just picked up that one myself a couple of weeks ago. So far it's worked with all the drives I've tried.

(Thanks to chscag for even knowing about this type of kit.)

Reaction score
agree with bobtomay -- i have a similar product. have used on several pcs to read/take off data. take hdd out of pc and attach according to directions. easy.

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
Get yourself a kit like this one - this will let you connect the drive as an external to your Mac via USB. Won't be able to write to the drive if it's NTFS, but OS X can read from it.

Just picked up that one myself a couple of weeks ago. So far it's worked with all the drives I've tried.

(Thanks to chscag for even knowing about this type of kit.)
Thanks! I'll try that!.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.