one stupid site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
so when i got my ibook and put firefox on, i had some trouble with certain sites. but i fixed that pretty effortlessly. however, napa's automotive site never loads fully. and i can not figure it out. any help?

Reaction score
shimanok2 said:
so when i got my ibook and put firefox on, i had some trouble with certain sites. but i fixed that pretty effortlessly. however, napa's automotive site never loads fully. and i can not figure it out. any help?

might be helpful if you give the url so we can check it...

Reaction score
Ok, i have the answer for you, you were right, it's one stupid site.

Opera, FireFox, and Safari won't load it... it's one of those idiot sites that you must use Internet Explorer for. In other words the idiot who put the site together did it in such a way that you have to use IE to access it properly.

So, if you must go there use IE....(YUCK)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.2gHz g4, 12 inch, 60 gig, 768RAM, bluetooth, ATI radeon 9200, macally bluetooth mouse, JBL speaker
that really gets me mad. i hate that crap. i guess ill have to use CARPARTS. haha.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
shimanok2 said:
that really gets me mad. i hate that crap. i guess ill have to use CARPARTS. haha.

I just went there with the PC with XP using Firefox and same thing, Big empty white space. Every other browser so far I have tried will not show the site correctly except IE.

Like James pointed out, when Webmasters do that, they cut out a lot of people, as even on the PC more and more people are using alternative browsers.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
What I would do is email them saying that your a company interest in doing business with them, but tell them your business only uses macs, and you can't access the site. That might make the webmaster think twice about building a site that is only IE compliant. Even Microsoft's website can be accessed using a mac, what the heck is Napa thinking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.