Video Disappeared

JRV

Reaction score
i was downloading a video and when it was finished it disappeared. i searched for it and can't find it anywhere on my system. where did it go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
downloading? in what app? it may have been a streamed video, so when you closed safari, it would disappear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that app moves completed files, do a search for it.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
i know where it should be. i searched for it and can't find it. my hard drive space didn't decrease either. i may have canceled the download before it was completely finished. i know if you cancel downloads they disappear.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
You should check in the preferences and check to see where the app moves the completed files; it could have changed the folder to where it downloads them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
or if you click remove in thinking it takes it off the list, that actually deletes it.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
yep thats what i did. i hit remove instead of clear. thanks i never would have known that.

Reaction score
If the download wasn't completed then it will be in a 'incomplete' folder or something like that. Anyway, have a look in the prefs because it says their where all the files go but yes it could be just deleted completely. :bomb:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.