MacBook Pro Lemon Law

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and will be bringing it in for the same problem for the 3rd time now.

It's a graphical issue that has to do with the motherboard and/or the graphics card and so Apple replaces it.

My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California?? (I have 1 more year on my applecare for my macbook pro)

This is a problem because I can't keep bringing my computer in and leaving it with them for 3-5 days every 3-4 months.

Does anyone know anything about the lemon law?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP
I pushed Apple to replace an old Powerbook G4 because it would be cheaper for them rather than continuing the repairs. I would suggest calling Customer Relations and discussing the situation with them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a MacBook Pro and will be bringing it in for the same problem for the 3rd time now.
My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California??
No, there is nothing that states a manufacturer has to give you a new item.
Repair is always an option. Replacement doesn't have to mean a brand-new computer, either. It would be perfectly fine for them to give you a refurbished system, under the CA Lemon Law.

Basically, all it does state is that a consumer is protected from any expense that might be incurred while having a warranty-covered product replaced or repaired, no matter how many times it needs it (while under warranty).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

It's a graphical issue that has to do with the motherboard and/or the graphics card and so Apple replaces it.

My question is this: If this is the 3rd time I'm bringing it in for this same problem, am I entitled to a new computer via the lemon law of California?? (I have 1 more year on my applecare for my macbook pro)

This is a problem because I can't keep bringing my computer in and leaving it with them for 3-5 days every 3-4 months.

Does anyone know anything about the lemon law?
Apple is usually pretty fair about replacement laptops. If the repairs are approaching the point where it's cheaper to get a new one...make sure they are aware of this...and press them on it!

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.