Small World in the Screen!

L

luz

Hi.......my thing is that i try to restore all the information from my eMac G3 (blue), so i can update to phanter and now a small world shows in the screen and not return to the disk.

My question is, how can i make my mac starst from the hard disk and not since the network?

please help me... :eek:neye: thanks for your help!

[email protected]

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Your system is trying to boot from the network. This was brought in another thread. It was suggest that if you leave it alone it will finally boot up. You can try to reboot the system again and press and hold the option key. You should see a window with several icons to choose from. From that window select your boot up disk. After your system boot, go to the system preferences window and choose disk start up. In that window make sure your system disk is selected.

OP
Z

zap2

luz said:
Hi.......my thing is that i try to restore all the information from my eMac G3 (blue), so i can update to phanter and now a small world shows in the screen and not return to the disk.

[email protected]

DO you meaan imac g3 cuz there was never a emac g3 that was blue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
You have to go into the Apple logo and then I believe the prefrences (Someone please correct me if Im wrong, Im a Mac newbie) and make the change to boot from the Macintosh HD then re-boot. I had the same issue. Except when mine was booting from the netwrok my fans went on full blast and it sounded like a 747 coming into my house. Scared the crap outta me!

OP
L

luz

Thanks for all your help!!!!!. but i believe my MAC is dead, yesterday I did everything that you told me and nothing happens, now a disk with ? shows in the screen, that signifies that my MAC does not read any SO and now the CD unit does not work. soo I am desperate and very sad.

what can i do? :'(

Reaction score
try to boot from a system disk. If you can do that, your mac is not dead. It may be just a corrupt OS that needs to be reinstalled.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
luz said:
Thanks for all your help!!!!!. but i believe my MAC is dead, yesterday I did everything that you told me and nothing happens, now a disk with ? shows in the screen, that signifies that my MAC does not read any SO and now the CD unit does not work. soo I am desperate and very sad.

what can i do? :'(

I had the same thing as well. I had the "?" and a "folder" that would blink. So you have to start up again. It may take like 15mins to reboot since it may be booting from the network. After it boots you have to make it boot from the System Disk. If you still have a problem call Apple Tech Support. They will tell you what we are telling you. As long as your OS isnt corrupt it'll boot fine from the correct Start Up Disk or System Disk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.