First time mac

Reaction score
Review of my first apple computer, macbook pro:

I can’t say I am disappointed, in fact I am very pleased. The first thing that I noticed when viewing my new macbook pro was its size. I had never seen anything larger that 13’’ macbooks in real life so unconsciously I still imagined my macbook to be that size, eventhough I had bought a 15’’ macbook pro. I can however say that for a 15’’ laptop, the macbook pro looks rather “slim” and elegant, less bulky than many other 15’’ notebooks. The screen is amazing, so is the sound, in fact it is better than the 5-year old speakers I have on my desktop.

As this is my first real laptop, computer and real life encounter with OS X I was a bit nervous and that was partly the reason why I, when booting the pc for the first time, thought there was something wrong with the mousepad, because I didn’t realise I had to press harder to make the “click” (as it is a button). It took me a bit more than five minutes to find that out. The mac os does take some time to getting used to, I still don’t know how to uninstall programs and I can’t really get used to the fact that there aren’t any “save” buttons within IMovie. However, I am already quite used to the general inferface and I think it is an improvement compared to Windows. I did install parallels though, in case I would need something, but I don't think I'll ever turn back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
To uninstall an application you just drag it to the Trash. There you go, uninstalled. :)

OP
P
Reaction score
To uninstall an application you just drag it to the Trash. There you go, uninstalled. :)

Is it that simple? I knew that in windows, you couldn't uninstall things like that, so that's the way to do it with mac... how easy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Is it that simple? I knew that in windows, you couldn't uninstall things like that, so that's the way to do it with mac... how easy.

Yes it is often that simple, for most applications. However big software suites like adobe creative suite might require an uninstallation tool but that often ships with the software itself of course.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've been using AppCleaner to not only remove the application but any configuration files it leaves around. But that's usually not a big deal, since these are small files anyway. It's amazing ain't it? :)

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.