All the games I play, Freeze.

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have a problem with my computer and I can't seem to fix it. Whenever i run a game is flashes black every few seconds and eventually freezes.

I have tried reformatting windows, reinstalling drivers, checking for abnormal temperatures, different games, spyware and adware checks.

I haven't found a search, this has been happening and gradually getting worse for the past 1-2 years. I cannot update PSU or graphics card as the computer i have is a mac. (Running bootcamp). A few of the games I try to play are: BF2142, CS:S, WoW and a few others. A few mac games I play aren't as demanding but I still sometimes receive visual glitches playing Age of Mythology. Sometimes it freezes on the odd occasion too.

I just want to be able to play games again and not have to replace my computer! Thanks again, 123xxx.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So are you saying that this problem only happens when you are playing games in Windows via Boot Camp?

Are you also saying that these games played in fine in Windows (via Boot Camp) previously...but the problem has been getting worse lately (you mentioned it has been getting worse over the past 1-2 years)?

If so...how do you know that the "Windows Side" of your computer doesn't have a virus of some sort?

Does the same problem happen when you are playing games when you boot into the Mac OS?

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Do you have the latest drivers? Download the latest ones and convert them with Mobility Modder to get them to become installable.

OP
O
Reaction score
I have the latest drivers and have also tried older ones, to see if that fixes it. It doesn't.

I have reformatted windows and done various virus, spyware and registry searchs and all have come up clean.

The problem happens in Mac OS X but only sometimes. Probably due to the low demand games on the mac side.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure windows has a hardware scan to check if all the hardware is running as expected. you could run that and see if any errors come up? (maybe mac has its own version too)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.