Apple TV - Any good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I've been thinking about Apple TV lately a little bit, and I've been into two Apple stores and the staff were only able to tell me that I could transfer videos from my Mac to it, which (if that's all it does) I could save spending £200+ and just link my MBP to my TV :p.

So what does Apple TV actually do? And is it worth getting?

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I've heard that it doesn't do much outta the box but once hacked it has a wealth of features
Apple TV - Apple Store (U.K.)

Yeah, that's what it shows on the Apple TV advert in the Apple Store, but they didn't show it working and when I asked, I ended up with the bad bunch of Apple Store staff each time :(.

And yes, I know you put XBMC on it (just to name one thing to put on once hacked), which I have on my 1st gen Xbox Crystal, PC and MBP and it is a great program. I'll look into what you can get on it when, thanks ;).

Reaction score
I've been thinking about Apple TV lately a little bit, and I've been into two Apple stores and the staff were only able to tell me that I could transfer videos from my Mac to it, which (if that's all it does) I could save spending £200+ and just link my MBP to my TV :p.

So what does Apple TV actually do? And is it worth getting?

There are countless reviews online about this. Just google "apple tv review" and start reading. There are many people who do all kinds of tests to tell you whether it's worth the buy or not.

One thing that you may not read in reviews is Boxee. Google apple tv boxee to find out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.