Strange problem on my ibook

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have an ibook g4 (I think... its from 05 or 06) and today a really strange problem started. The screen dims, as in the brightness panel comes up and dims, and at the same time the widgets come up and at the same time the 1, q, and z keys repeat randomly if I am typing something. It happens every couple of seconds at random intervals. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Maybe some keys are stuck down?

The only thing I did differently today that I never do was take a screen capture with shift, apple 4 (and before that I accidently used shift, apple R and the computer loaded for a second).

At first I thought the problem was tied into when I used my shift key but now it just seems to happen randomly.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Has the iBook had liquid spilt on the keyboard, that could cause strange keypresses. If not that then look into Sys Prefs/Energy Saver for settings for screen dimming or have a look in Universal access in case you have unintentionally enabled some assistive device.

OP
I
Reaction score
Has the iBook had liquid spilt on the keyboard, that could cause strange keypresses. If not that then look into Sys Prefs/Energy Saver for settings for screen dimming or have a look in Universal access in case you have unintentionally enabled some assistive device.

Thanks for the reply. No, I have not spilled anything that I know of. I checked the preferences and it seems to be ok.

Two more things. 1) I have noticed that it only happens when I type, mouse use is fine. 2) I can`t get my launch bar to come up once the problem starts. I have tried resetting and as soon as I start typing it happens again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.