AppleScript with Flash Question

R

rosem

Alright, I'm on a quest to write a program in applescript.

But I need to know why this certain thing happens in OS X in order for me to continue.

When you are watching a flash movie in Safari, and then you click the desktop (so Safari is no longer selected) you can still see the flash movie, but it slows down to about 1/2 of the playing speed. Does anyone know why this happens?

I'm trying to write a program that will actually slow down a flash movie while playing on purpose, but I don't have a good starting point. Can someone tell me why Safari does this?

Is it a bug, or is it on purpose ?

Thanks,
Mike

OP
J

Jefe3223

Now this is an interesting question indeed...why would this happen? I've come to my own conclusions about that one (prosessor wanting to be saved, etc) but I have no finite answers. There is, however, a program out there that slows down flash thingys so if you have a slow computer, you can see the whole thing w/o it skipping. I'm pretty sure it's for windows though...and that it was just randomly on the internet. If you find out an answer to this, I'd be curious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
actually I would be currious to know that answer too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
the majority of responses online have been that Flash player engine on OS X is sub-par to that on windows. it doesnt seem to be a malloc problem that is usually the culprit with laggy software, but rather a CPU hogging problem. my guess is that the plugin for Safari isnt made very well, in contrast to it being Safari/OS X processing.

online hear-say isnt always as reliable as one would hope. but i think O'Reileys Flash Hacks "100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools" would be a good resource for you.

(click image for link)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.